Brown Card

Replacement Card

Your Brown Card can be replaced if lost, stolen, malfunctioning, or worn out.

How to Obtain a New Card

Cardholders may visit the Brown Card Office during regular business hours (8:30 am - 5:00 pm) to obtain a replacement card. In order to obtain a new card, the cardholder must provide positive proof of identification (state-issued ID, driver's license, or passport, etc.).

Card Replacement Fee

The replacement fee for a lost card or a card deliberately or negligently damaged, is $20.00 per instance. The Brown Card Office accepts cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX, or Bear Bucks to pay for a new Brown Card. Students may also apply this fee to their student account. 

It is the responsibility of the cardholder to pay for their own replacement ID card.  Brown University is not responsible for lost ID card fees and will not reimburse cardholders for such instances.  Once a replacement Brown Card has been issued, and the previous card is subsequently located, there will be no refund issued by the Brown Card Office.

Malfunctioning or Worn Out Cards

If a Brown Card is malfunctioning or is worn out, it should be reported to the Brown Card Office during regular business hours. Cardholders with malfunctioning, worn out, or accidentally damaged Brown Cards will receive a replacement card, free of charge. During non-business hours, cardholders may also report the card to Brown Public Safety and receive a temporary dorm access card to utilize until the next business day. 

Reactivate a Found Card

If you find a Brown Card that you recently reported missing and it has not yet been replaced, you can contact the Brown Card Office for reactivation, free of charge.

MyPrint Instructions for a Replacement Card

Got a replacement ID card?
Need to print today?

Do not swipe your card at a MyPrint printer until tomorrow!

If you need to release prints today, follow these steps:

  1. Visit
  2. Log in with your Brown username and password.
  3. Choose "Jobs Pending Release" from the left menu.
  4. You will see a list of all documents you've sent to MyPrint in the last 24 hours. Either click "Release All" to send all to the printer, or click the "Print" link next to an individual document.
  5. You will be presented with a list of printers. Click a specific printer name to select that printer. 
  6. Your printout will immediately be sent to that printer. It will appear without you having to swipe your ID at all.