The Bear Bucks Account functions much like any other bank debit account with two major differences: funds deposited into this account may only be used on campus.
Opening a Bear Bucks Account
A Bear Bucks Account is automatically available on every Brown Card. To activate you need to add funds.
Using the Bear Bucks Account
The Bear Bucks Account can be used to make purchases without cash at any Brown University location that accepts Bear Bucks as a form of payment.
Terms and Conditions
- Bear Bucks account information is strictly confidential and may only be disclosed to the account holder.
- Bear Bucks cash withdrawals are prohibited.
- Bear Bucks account balance is not transferable.
- Bear Bucks balances remaining at the end of a semester will automatically be rolled over to the next semester.
- Refunds of Bear Bucks are only permitted upon graduation, withdrawal, or employment termination from the University. Any balance remaining in this account following graduation, separation, or withdrawal will be credited to the student account.
- The Card Office does not provide any refunds for the payment of ID replacements.
Closing a Bear Bucks Account
- For Students: Any balance remaining in this account following graduation, separation or withdrawal will be credited to your student account.
- For Employees: Upon separation from the university please contact Bear-Bucks@brown.edu.
Contact the Bear Bucks Help Line at (401) 863-2273 or Bear-Bucks@brown.edu