Brown Card

Adding Bear Bucks

Brown cardholders may add Bear Bucks to their account using the GET Portal, a campus ValuePort III machine, or by mailing or hand-delivering a deposit to the Cashier's Office.

Bear Bucks are available as soon as you complete your transaction and do not expire while you are affiliated with the University. Careful consideration should be given to expected usage in order to determine the appropriate amount to maintain in the account. The maximum amount that may be maintained in the Bear Bucks account is $7,500.

GET Portal

GET is an online portal that allows users to add Bear Bucks and provides the cardholder account balances and spending history. It also enables the cardholder to report a lost or stolen card at any time which will disable access to the account.

The GET Portal

ValuePort III Machines

ValuePort III machines are conveniently located at the Rockefeller Library, Sciences Library, Sharpe Refectory lower level, Josiah's, Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center, Brown Bookstore Lobby, Emery Woolley Hall and at 222 Richmond Street. ValuePort III machines provide Brown cardholders a convenient point of service to:

  • Deposit funds to their Bear Bucks Account by inserting cash into the Value Port III machine. ValuePort III machines accept the following US Currency: $1, $5, $10 and $20 bills.
  • Check their Bear Bucks available balance.

Map of ValuePort III machine locations

Cashier's Office

  • To mail in a deposit, complete a Bear Bucks Account Deposit Slip and mail it with a check made payable to Brown University for the intended amount to: Brown University, Cashier's Office, Box 1911, Providence, RI 02912.
  • To deposit in-person visit the Cashier's Office in Page-Robinson Hall, 69 Brown Street - 2nd floor.  Update: In-person deposits are currently unavailable due to the Covid-19 response.

Bear Bucks Deposits with Payroll Deductions for Employees

Employees may sign up for automatic payroll deduction into a Bear Bucks Account.

  • To initiate and/or update a payroll deduction, send an e-mail to Please include your name, Brown ID #, or Workday ID # and the amount per paycheck you would like deducted.
  • To stop a payroll deduction, please send an email to Refunds are only offered upon separation from Brown.