Brown Card

Lost or Stolen Card

All lost or stolen cards should be reported to the Department of Public Safety as soon as possible. The Brown Card Office is experiencing a systems outage that prevents the office from replacing cards. This outage is expected to remain in place until Thursday, April 1st, 2021.

Two ways to report a missing Brown Card:

  1. Cardholders who lose or misplace a Brown ID card during regular business hours (8:30 am - 5:00 pm) should notify the Brown Card Office (69 Brown Street, Suite 511, 3-2273) immediately. Once notified, the Brown Card Office will deactivate the card, preventing others from utilizing funds associated with it.
  2. If a card is lost during non-business hours, the cardholder should report the missing card to Brown Public Safety (75 Charlesfield Street, 3-3322), and receive a temporary dormitory access card upon providing positive proof of identification.

After reporting a card missing or stolen, you may replace your Brown Card by visiting the Brown Card Office during regular business hours. In order to obtain a new card, the cardholder must provide positive proof of identification (state-issued ID, driver's license, or passport, etc.).